Minneapolis, MinnesotaHELLO MINNEAPOLIS
Minneapolis is one of the “Twin Cities” in Minnesota and the county seat of Hennepin County. It lies on the banks of the Mississippi River as well as the Minnesota River. The city is known for its lakes. The climate of the city is humid continental and the winters here are very cold and snowy.
Places to visit
- Minnehaha Regional Park- This city treasure is a home to the 53 foot high Minnehaha Mountain, as well as statues of Hiawatha and Minnehaha.
- Guthrie Theatre- This unique building showcases large images of past performances on its exterior. Touring the facility is a fun part of any visit, and the theater also offers guided backstage tours on Friday and Saturday mornings.
- Weisman Art Museum- This museum displays a variety of art works around the campus. Admission to the facility and all exhibitions is free.
- Mill City Museum- The Mill City Museum was actually built within the Washburn A Mill and chronicles the flour milling industry.
- American Swedish Institute- The American Swedish Institute offers a look at and demonstrates the importance of the surrounding region's Swedish heritage.
- Minneapolis Sculpture Garden- The Minneapolis Sculpture Garden displays sculptures of the Walker Art Centre in a very lovely 19-acre urban green space.
- Walker Art Centre- The centre is a very important venue in the city with visual and performing arts, film screenings and various other events.
- Nicollet- It is a shopping centre, which was formerly known as Nicollet Mall, and is beautifully laid out.
Where to stay
- GrandStay Hotel & Conference Apple Valley- It offers complimentary breakfast. The location is perfect, about 15 minutes from the mall. Provides free Wi-Fi and a parking facility.
- GuestHouse Inn & Suites Rochester- This hotel provides travelers and tourists with a clean, nice and comfortable place to relax. It offers complimentary breakfast and a beautiful indoor pool.